THIS LITTLE LIFE

!

Friday 25 March 2011

Oh dear. I'm thick.

Well, that has all just completely baffled me.

I have just spent half and hour looking into freelance writing online.  I am so ignorant, and so very naive, and I know nothing.  SEO?  I don't know what this is.  Well, I mean I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it stands for Search Engine Optimization, but it all looked very complicated and I didn't know where to start properly finding out how to learn about SEO.  I mean, I'm sure that if some people can learn how to promote themselves as freelance writers that I could also learn the same skills.  But I wonder whether it's all beyond me really, whether I'm nowhere near as clever as I thought I was, and that I do not have the right kind of brain - is a business brain needed?  Because if it is then I'm not sure I have the right kind of brain.  I know I can write some nice things sometimes, but a little literary talent doesn't seem to be enough - apparently you need to be eSavvy now too.

I could do with someone to sit down and tell me where to start, because it's all rather overwhelming.  And now I am aware that I am whining.  But it's difficult to find determination when the thing I want to be determined about is as tough to get hold of as smoke.

More thinking and searching I suppose.  Perhaps I need to find some energy first and then research this when my head is clearer.

I'm floundering at the moment, hopping about from project to project, unable to find proper direction and focus.  It's very annoying.  I'm annoying myself.  I wish I could get a grip and get on with things.  What I could do with is a mentor really.

Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Lady, this pp (prairieprincess) from Hubpages. I know exactly how you feel ... me too! The amount of information you need to know is just tremendous! And it feels like there's no one here to teach me all this stuff I need to know!

    I think it starts to come, though, as you expose yourself to it, more and more. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for dropping by Princess :)

    Well, I've dipped a toe in the water, and I'll continue to paddle. It's all a bit scary, but I suppose that there's nothing to be scared of at all - it's still only writing :)

    Good luck with your endeavours!

    Linda.

    ReplyDelete